Fastems provides high-end manufacturing systems, software and services globally, with the mission of helping metalworking manufacturers increase productivity. From automating a single machine tool to delivering a complete factory system, Fastems designs intelligent factory automation solutions for cutting-edge organizations in industries such as aerospace and production technology.
There are around 500 of us, and we like to keep our ways of working agile. We believe in our unique company culture that serves as the key to our continuous renewal. At Fastems you’ll get to work with some of the brightest people in the industry, so every day is an opportunity to learn something new.
To enable spare parts and upgrade product sales boost and increase operational development capacity, we are now looking for a
SPARE PART ENGINEER
As Spare Part Engineer you will be working as part of Fastems Global Services in Lahdesjärvi, Tampere. You will have an important role in implementing Fastems Service Strategy to provide world-class customer experience and boosting Services business. As a member of the team you provide spare part and upgrade product services to Fastems Group companies, dealers and end customers. Your main tasks will be creating offers and orders for spare parts, upgrade products and spare part packages independently on request and proactively based on lifecycle plans.
Spare Part Engineer is expected to understand delivered systems and parts and have the ability to identify right solutions for the customer. Ability to independently identify parts from drawings, 3D models or other documentation to understand technical compatibility of the solution will be key for success. Your secondary tasks may also include developing operative tools and processes.
This position is full time and permanent. You can be in the final stage of your studies, recently graduated or experienced professional – we want to find the right person for our team and the role will be adjusted based on your personal experience and knowledge.
The job requires:
- Suitable education in engineering (E.g. mechanical, electrical, automation), or proven experience in applicable field
- Experience with technical contexts and knowledge in fields of mechanics, electrics, pneumatics, hydraulics or automation is considered as an advantage
- Open-minded attitude to customer service
- Proactive customer service mindset
- Good intercultural communication skills are essential as well as well-organized working methods
- Personal characteristics: self-driven, active, persistent and able to work under pressure with a can-do attitude
- Experience or clear genuine interest of sales, purchasing, logistics and development work
- Earlier spare part or after sales experience is considered as an advantage
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English. Other language skills (especially German) are considered as an advantage
At Fastems, you’ll work with state-of-the-art tools in one of the top companies of a rapidly growing industry. We offer you a wide range of possibilities for personal growth and we are excellent at training solid professionals for the future. We support the well-being of Fastemsians with different events. Our new Lahdesjärvi headquarters are modern and support agility way of working.
We can offer you:
- An unique and inspiring work culture expressed through our values
- Growth, competence and career path development possibilities
- International work atmosphere and global activities
- Flexible and agile work environment in a family owned business
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work partly remotely
- Good employment benefits, such as lunch and culture benefits
Interested in joining us #fastemsians?
Send your application together with your CV and salary request via Fastems online recruitment tool by December 21th the latest. Please apply as quickly as possible, since we will go through the applications as they come in and we’re ready to hire as soon as we find the right person.
Something to ask?
Please contact Head of Service Operations Milla Niemioja, firstname.lastname@example.org or by mobile +358 40 861 0075.