Fastems provides high-end manufacturing systems, software and services globally, with the mission of helping metalworking manufacturers increase productivity and sustainability. From automating a single machine tool to delivering a complete factory system, Fastems designs intelligent factory automation solutions for cutting-edge organizations in industries such as aerospace and production technology. We believe that a sustainable, strong and competitive manufacturing base can be achieved only by automation and digitalization.
There are over 500 of us, and we like to keep our ways of working agile. We believe in our unique company culture that serves as the key to our continuous renewal. At Fastems you’ll get to work with some of the brightest people in the industry, so every day is an opportunity to learn something new.
Our ICT team is looking for a new talent and a colleague to work as a
IT Architect, Business applications
In this position you will have a key role to develop and maintain our ERP solutions (Lean system) and other operative systems like finance systems, PDM, CRM and many more. You are also responsible of overall business application architecture which supports our operating model and overall strategic targets. You have a key role also in integrations to make our processes flow and data to be utilized at the right place at the right time. You will join our team of IT architects who are responsible of the enterprise architecture in Fastems globally.
The Business Application Architect’s role is to plan, coordinate, architect, and supervise all activities related to the integration of software programs, applications, and third-party solutions as required to meet the business requirements of the organization. This individual is also responsible for developing and maintaining an application architecture blueprint for the organization. Proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of integration best practices are critical to successful performance in this role.
Your main responsibility areas will be:
Strategy & Planning
- Develop and maintain an integration architecture blueprint for the organization.
- Orchestrate applications projects and corresponding strategies between business units and development teams.
- Plan, execute, and manage the integration of new applications into existing systems and software throughout the enterprise.
- Ensure that application projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Ensure that business applications planning and practices are aligned with strategic business goals and the company’s overall strategic vision.
Acquisition & Development
- Research and make recommendations on application products and services in support of CIO and other IT architects.
- Build relationships with software development and engineering teams to gain an understanding of application architectures and required functionality.
- Build relationships with vendors of application software deployed in the organization’s IT environment to learn about and provide feedback on their technical capabilities.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree, and/or several years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications are seen as benefits like ITIL.
Knowledge & Experience
- Several years direct experience in enterprise-level applications.
- Proven experience in developing enterprise and solution level architectural designs.
- Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data mapping.
- Extensive experience with core software applications are seen as benefit, including Lean systems, Aton, Jira, Salesforce, Wintime, Adaptive, Frends.
- Technically fluent in programming languages.
- Direct, hands-on experience with automated integration tools, including Frends.
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.
- Knowledge of network protocols and standards.
- Strong understanding of end-user needs and requirements.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills in English.
- Outstanding writing and documentation skills in English.
- Able to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Able to conduct research into application issues and products.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
At Fastems, you’ll work in one of the top companies of a rapidly growing industry that revolutionizes the world of manufacturing. You will work in a truly global company where diversity is seen as an asset. We value the well-being of our employees and work hard to ensure that everyone can achieve work-life balance. This role is based in our modern headquarters in Lahdesjärvi Tampere which supports agility way of working with a flexible remote working possibility. We value our unique and inspiring work culture expressed through our values.
Interested in joining us #fastemsians?
Send your application together with your CV and salary request via Fastems online recruitment tool as soon as possible.